Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ushering in 2009





Happy New Year!

2009 has finally come around. You know what that means? Tons of public holidays and the footy starts up again in a few months! woooooo

Here are a few enviro speedpaints I did yesterday, each one took about 2 hours. I think there's a really good chance these could be used for the cgtalk Steampunk challenge that I posted about a few weeks back. They definitely still need some fine tuning, but I'm really happy with both pics actually - I'm starting to find a nice balance of implied detail and refinement now.

I used photos for both of these as inspiration and so I could try manually picking colours (just from looking at the pic, not from using the eye dropper tool), so I've attached one of the photos for you to compare, too. The photo doesn't belong to me, so thankyou to whoever took it.

My resolution for 2009? More painting.

No comments: