Monday, March 31, 2008

Last post for today (I promise)



First pic - copied from photo reference. This is getting back to the whole 'subtle dynamics' thing I talked about in my very first post... its a pretty normal'ish pose, but its the subtle things I'm really trying to get better at. This was also a play around with rendering techniques. I'm trying to get looser here - years and years of trying to draw & colour like a comic artist has taken its toll and I'm way to careful/restrictive with lines and edges.

Second pic - A pic I started late last year which I probably didn't want to finish cause it was more of the same old same old for me. Tight line work, very comicy pose/perspective and cel shading. Bleh! Don't get me wrong - there are some guys who do this fantastically (Cheeks for instance, who also has a blog on here somewhere - do yourself a favour and check out his awesome stuff!), but I've got a real personal urge to try and expand my skill set a bit.

No comments: